Want a healthy dessert? Here's another special treat from nutritional therapist Phoebe Liebling.
In her latest guest post (featuring a Cacao Lava Cake recipe!)
, nutritionist Phoebe shared her insight on sugar, and specifically our natural insulin response. Rather than shunning all sweet things, Phoebe has prepared another tasty and healthy dessert recipe.
This time, it's a Peanut Protein Panna Cotta. Yes please!
Healthy Dessert Recipe: Peanut Protein Panna Cotta
- ½ tablespoon grass fed beef gelatin
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon milk of choice (such as oat milk)
- ½ tablespoon raw maple syrup or raw honey (you can increase this to 1 tablespoon if you have a sweet tooth)
- 1 scoop / 1 sachet Roasted Peanut Vegan Protein
- Optional to serve: 50g dark bitter chocolate (Phoebe uses 90%)
- Add the milk and gelatin to a pan, stirring well to dissolve completely.
- Spoon in your sweetener and heat on a medium flame until just about to boil, stirring continuously. Add the protein powder and whisk well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour into silicone muffin cups (you could use greased ramekins if you want but silicone cups are the easiest to turn them out from) and leave to set in the fridge for 3 hours.
- To serve, melt your chocolate in a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water, artistically decorate your plates with a couple of teaspoons worth, then turn out the panna cotta and add a generous spoon of chocolate to the top of each allowing it to gently pool down the side.
- Dive on in!