So here's a secret. We like carbs. We don't think carbs should be demonised, as they so often are. And we certainly don't agree with replacing carbs with zero-calorie sweeteners (which, BTW, is not authorised in an EU organic product).
So our ultimate protein pancakes are not just protein. They're a delicious blend of lusciously gooey, bouncy, glutenous wheat and light, airy and fluffy peanut protein.
We've taken our long-time favourite, old fashioned pancake recipe - removed a little of the flour, and added some nourishing, complete plant-based protein for the ultimate breakfast batter.
You'll have to try it to believe us.
Ultimate Protein Pancakes - Ingredients
Makes 8 large pancakes - feeds two generously:
- 140g wheat flour, or your go-to gluten-free option
- 50g Organic Peanut Butter Vegan Protein
- 10g baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 300ml of nut milk, or organic dairy milk
- 1 egg - or your go-to vegan egg replacer
- 50ml of melted coconut oil, or organic butter
Ultimate Protein Pancakes - Method
Pancakes shouldn't be complicated. The key is to obtain a thick-but-liquid batter, rid of all powdery lumps, and silky smooth thanks for the coconut oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, peanut protein, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter or coconut oil; whisk until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Wait until the pan is hot!
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Flip once air bubbles have appeared everywhere, and brown on both sides.
Enjoy hot with your favourite toppings! To top with a delicious, high protein nut spread, try our DIY recipe
Pro tip: place a clean kitchen towel on a serving plate while you cook your pancakes. Place each cooked cake onto the towel and fold the towel over your pile until you're done cooking, to keep your pancakes nice and hot.