This smoothie recipe is a nutritional powerhouse. It will pick you up after the most intense of workouts. It will do wonders to your gut, and will fuel your glycogen deprived muscles. This recipe will not just nourish you, it will also boost your immune system and hydrate you with electrolytes, vitamins and antioxidants.
But here's the catch:
This smoothie recipe is made with bone broth
Yes, we know, it sounds weird. But actually, it works. Like, really works. Bone broth
is a great source of protein with an excellent amino acid profile. It's also high in glycine, glucosamine and collagen, so it's a great aid for digestion and gut health. Combine this with a scoop of our nutrient-packed Organic Post Workout Recovery
blend, and you've got yourself a winner.
Plus, such a surprising blend is guaranteed to score you some extra points on the gram (you can thank us in the caption).
Ingredients: post workout bone broth smoothie
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 banana
- 200ml of almond or coconut milk
- 150ml (half a pouch) of Borough Broth grass-fed, organic beef bone broth (buy it here)
- 1 scoop Motion Nutrition Organic Post Workout Recovery
- Handful of frozen blueberries
And to garnish, if you're feeling fancy:
- Blueberries, desiccated coconut, chia seeds, pomegranate seeds, sliced banana...
Method: the most nourishing post workout smoothie
- Heat half a pouch of broth to the boil (on the hob), then allow to cool for 5 mins
- Put all the other ingredients in a blender, then cover with the broth
- Blend for 30 seconds
- Optional: pour into a bowl and garnish with your choice of trimmings.
And dig in! This may be too much for one person, so it's a great recipe to share with your workout buddy.
Testing this recipe out? Share it on Instagram by tagging us @motionnutrition
- we love seeing your creations!