So you've got a sweet tooth. It happens. It's ok, really. We're here for you. These chocolate chip & roasted peanut protein cookies will do just the trick: satisfy that sweet side in you, fill the occasional chocolate craving, and hit you up with some quality protein and fats.
These cookies are vegan, low carb and gluten free. They're also free from refined sugars and high in plant-based protein. Unless you're one of those weirdos that doesn't like peanut butter, we recommend you give these a go.
Ingredients: Peanut & Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
Here's what you'll need:
- 4 scoops of Organic Peanut Butter Vegan Protein
- 100g almond flour (you can make this yourself by blitzing a handful of almonds)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g unrefined coconut sugar
- 50g lucuma powder
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 60ml almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
Method: Peanut & Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 160c and line a tray with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl - sift through if necessary
- Stir in the melted coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract. You want a slightly crumbly dough that sticks together. Add a little extra almond milk if necessary.
- Combine the chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- Best be safe: take a cheeky taste to check you're on track ;-)
- Roll 12-14 balls, flatten them and place them on the baking tray:
- Cook for 6mins, then flip the cookies and bake for another 4-6mins.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack for 30 minutes or so (patience! They will be too soft to eat when they come out of the oven). You can follow this up by placing them briefly in the freezer to ensure a solid consistency.
- Try to make them last!
If you've made 12 cookies, each one will contain approximately: 8.4g protein, 11.6g carbohydrate, 11.5g fat.